With the historic significance of 501 14th Street in mind,
the Russell County Commission contracted with
the Hecht-Burdeshaw Architectural firm for renovations of the Russell County Judicial Center.
The roof was replaced first and the utilities updated.
Today, the rear entrance of the building has been constructed
to secure access to the courts, ample parking and ease of access to the 1938 County Seat.
Hecht-Burdeshaw's estimate of a completion date in early January 2012 was on target. Russell County celebrated the
Open House with over 120 invited guests joining local citizens for this salute to progress in October.
It is with great pride and gratitude that the
Russell County Administration welcomes the Judiciary to their new home and state of the art facility on 501 14th Street.